Sunday, January 8, 2012

One More Holiday To Go


A new year and I am ready to get back to focusing on the gardens, but around our house we still have one more holiday to go - Super Bowl. It is celebrated at our home extensively because it is the one that is expanded to include our old and new friends, neighbors and co-workers, in addition to family. We actually have extended family that travel from around the country to stay that weekend and we open our doors to many friends that we only get to see once in a while due to busy schedules. It would be great if the Super Bowl was moved to a lovely spring weekend when my garden is peaking because this is the only time of year many people get to see it, but the NFL is not budging I'm afraid. The roses will be cut back, the wisteria and many trees will be bare, but it is a good reason for me to focus on the lovely options that are available at this time of year at the nursery. I did a quick walk around yesterday to take inventory and note spots needing help and I was pleased to see the return of many winter perennials returning from last year. I am itching to get to the nursery because I hear those primroses calling my name!

No comments: