Saturday, April 17, 2010

Moonlight in Spring

Although my SJC gardens are filling in nicely with time and I don't need to add too many annuals to take up room while the perennials and shrubs grow, the Moonlight Garden is one spot where I may always add some just for a bit more splash. The snapdragons and white violas are at their peak and I just added white cosmos and alyssum to take over where they will leave off in a couple months. The azaleas and camellias are almost done, the roses, iris and geraniums are starting to bloom and the agapanthus will start their show next month.

4 comments:

Turling said...

That's absolutely stunning. I think the power of all white is underestimated.

Ami said...

Oh, how I love this moonlight garden! That planter is very beautifully designed. Is your agapanthus also white? I have the agapanthus with blue flower, wonder if you have the different kind of agapanthus.

Meems said...

Very, very pretty, Sheila. Love the urn and the all the moonlight madness you've created.
Meems

Sheila said...

Hi Ami, yes these are all white agapanthus in this garden. There are some huge ones in the urn that will bloom soon!