Saturday, October 12, 2013

Summer Color in the Fall

 I wish I could show you all the progress I have been making on my fall garden projects, but I'm afraid I haven't made many advances. I've been busy doing other stuff. 


 I did go out to photograph some of the fall colors in the gardens, but once again I got distracted by something else.


 There are lots of blooms that look more like spring, or maybe summer, blooming right now!


 I planted a number of dahlias (that I thought were purple, not pink) later in the season this year and they have just started blooming all over the perennial garden in SJC. I don't know where they were during the less-than-colorful summer season out there, but I hope they get an track next summer! They are beautiful!


 For the past month the front door garden in SJC has been a lovely show of reblooming iris, 'Frequent Violet'. They are long and prolific bloomers!


Not exactly fall-like garden shots, but I'll take what I can get!

1 comment:

RobinL said...

Iris do look out of place in the fall, don't they? But pretty enough to plant them anyway, like I do!