Monday, June 8, 2015

Our Cool Spring Blessing

The cool, overcast weather has been a blessing for those of us on water restrictions. Soon the gardens will start showing more and more stress from the drought. Right now the Moonlight Garden is still holding it's own without any help from the usual annuals I typically add in the spring to fill in the bare spots. I am losing about six birch trees in the Laguna garden that I planted about 18 years or 20 years ago. They are almost at the end of their short life span anyway so I'm trying not to stress too much. I've lost a lot of trees there in the past four years. I will be much more cautious about what I plant in the future, even though a number of the ones that died were already there when I moved in. In all fairness, I also took some out because they constantly grew tall and blocked neighbor's views, another mistake I have to own up to I'm afraid. I do love to plant trees!

No comments: