Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Little Bit of Pretty

I couldn't resist picking up a couple of these early delphiniums at the nursery the other day. I've put them in pots right outside my front door so they greet me when I come home, and more importantly, draw my eyes away from the sad and dormant garden a couple feet away. Even the nurseries are kind of bare, but I keep going back every few days to get a boost of inspiration and hope that spring is right around the corner. Okay, maybe spring is a couple months away, but it should be a good one with all this rain we are having!

3 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

A little colour can go a long way. I hope they do well until more blooms come along, either from the nursery or your own garden.

RobinL said...

Now you've done it. I admire delphiniums all the time, but they just don't like it at my house! Should I try again?

Sheila said...

Robin, they really only last one season here too, but they are just so pretty that I kind of treat them like annuals and just put a few in here and there for something special. Their cousins, larkspur do much better and actually reseed in our area, so I add those to the garden beds more readily.