Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wisteria and Roses

I am not a great photographer. I've taken classes and read books, but I pretty much just walk around snapping pictures as a way of recording things. This is kind of a shame. We have a daughter who is an amazing professional photographer and I really should have her spend more time with me showing me some techniques to improve my pictures. Anyway, I had planned on going back out to the front pergola and getting a better picture of the beautiful scenario going on there this month with the old-fashioned roses and wisteria blending together for a lovely and fragrant setting, but we had fierce winds yesterday that stripped most of the petals, so I guess I am too late. This really was beautiful except for the lower plants at the bases of the pillars. There are roses and lavenders as well as some groundcovers that have looked wonderful in the past, but may be ready to be replaced. The lavender is just leggy with sparse blooms and the roses are spindly and small. I suspect there is not enough light anymore for the lower sun lovers and maybe not enough water. Back to the drawing board!

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh this is beautiful, and to think it is part of your gardens. Wow!

It remind me of the Maxfield Parrish painting, 'Daybreak'.

Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

The Fern and Mossery said...

Very beautiful

The Fern and Mossery said...

very beautiful!

The Fern and Mossery said...

very beautiful

Cindy said...

Indeed very lovely..