Friday, January 3, 2014

Time To Get To Work

It has been a while since I have posted on this blog and it has been a while since I have been out in the garden! A combination of a sore knee and way too many responsibilities involving the holidays have kept me from even taking a peek at what is happening out there other than a quick glimpse as I hurry by on my way to doing what must be done at this time of year. Somehow I made it through the holidays (with the help of others) and now I am looking forward to taking advantage of this beautiful weather we are having and getting out and doing some sprucing up and a bit of winter planting (also with the help of others). As always we will have a number of visitors at the end of this month and I like the gardens in SJC to look good and it is a good excuse to add some winter annuals as long as the rains hold out. Although I am enjoying the sunny days, I know we are in need of the rain and I am hoping for a wet winter to flush out the soils and give the trees a good deep soaking, but maybe not until February?

Note: My sincere apologies to those of you that are suffering through blizzard conditions back east. We hope for the best for all of you that are being hit by this latest storm and I really didn't mean to rub it in!

4 comments:

RobinL said...

It's so good to see a green garden again! You just enjoy your mild winter over there, and we'll try to suffer in silence. But it may be hard! Brrrrr

Christina said...

Our one blast of rain hasn't been enough! We need more.

I love the effect of the wood pavers in this patio. Beautiful.

Christina said...

Our one blast of rain hasn't been enough! We need more.

I love the effect of the wood pavers in this patio. Beautiful.

Sheila said...

Christina, these aren't wood! As you know, wood rots fairly quickly when exposed to damp ground regularly. These are composite material that will last much longer that wood.