Saturday, November 8, 2008

Really Really Tall Marigolds

If you enlarge this picture by clicking on it and look really close behind the flying rabbit you will see a large stand of tagetes lemmonii or
Copper Canyon Daisy.


This very fragrant plant is a member of the marigold family,
being the tall perennial cousins of the little annuals we normally think of as marigolds. The fragrance is in the foliage and I must admit I'm not that crazy about it but it does seem to deter pests.


This particular plant is over six feet tall,
was planted a year ago and is just coming
into its second bloom of the year.

3 comments:

garden girl said...

Wow! Those are really awesome - wish they were hardy here.

I'm loving Rudbeckia Herbstsonne in my garden the last couple of years. It's a similarly stately plant with yellow blooms, and attracts bees, butterflies, and as it seeds, finches and other birds.

Anonymous said...

Your blog and garden looks really fantastic! Thanks for your message! //Anna

Anonymous said...

Your garden is lovely. I did not realize that the Copper Canyon daisies got so tall. Nor did I know that they bloom twice a year.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment and link to your blog.

Carol