Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Forever Annuals

This planter always amuses me. I planted it about eight years ago in Laguna when I used to have a lot of containers on our large deck there. There are actually two of these faux cement urns that I brought over to SJC a couple years ago to place on empty pillars outside the pool house. I have not touched them as far as the plants go for all these years and they still bloom away. The rose is 'White Meidiliand', not sure what kind of lobilia that is other than very long-lived, and there is actually some lovely peach colored verbena that is not in bloom. It gets a drink from the hose once a week and that is about it. A good case for the right plants in the right place makes everyone happy!

2 comments:

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

That is amazing. Part of it is your climate I'm sure but beautiful with the blue and white together.

Kathryn/plantwhateverbringsyoujoy.com said...

Wow. Love that lobelia and what a boon it nearly takes care of itself! I will have to explore. That particular one is such a lovely dark color. Nice!