Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Lido Deck

Because our home in Laguna Beach is built on a slope, there are many levels of decks. This particular deck is the one we called the Lido Deck. It is mainly my potting area and I used to spend a lot of time down there when I had a big container plant collection and I wanted it to be as inviting as possible, thus the hammock (which I never used!) and the candle chandelier (which I often used).

This photo was taken a couple years ago because I have since put in an outdoor shower where the hammock was and ceiling fans where the chandelier was.

I miss my hammock and chandelier.

2 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Love the chandelier and hammock too. (-:

Jane O' said...

I'd miss them too. The hammock is so Victorian looking with the lacy crochet. It's calling for someone to nap in it.