Thursday, October 22, 2009

No Self Control

When I should be focused on what my needs are for the big picture landscape, I am seduced by novelties at the nursery this time of year. I always buy "black" pansies to set the haunting mood for Halloween. Of course I am most likely the only one that ever notices or appreciates them, they get lost in the landscape fairly easily, and even in containers most people miss their subtle charm, but that's okay. They delight me every time I walk up the front walk and that's worth it to me!

6 comments:

Chicken Boys said...

I hate our winters. My porch plants can't survive freezing temps, but they do awful indoors. I just don't get the right light inside, and the air is way too dry. :(

Chloe m said...

I love your black pansies. Such fun for Halloween! I will have to remember these for next year.
I do the same thing at the garden center. I think this is normal, at least for gardeners.
Rosey

Anonymous said...

Oh I like them too!

James David said...

Beautiful to see your black pansies. I never had pansies in my place - too hot for them.
Have a nice halloween.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

As long as you enjoy them, who cares? I also enjoy the fragrant pansies.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I have a hard time stopping myself from buying pansies too. I think the black ones are really neat.