Thursday, November 10, 2011

I've Been Busy

In addition to my role around here as Head Gardener, I am also Chief Facilities Director, a title I would be happy to relinquish, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. The past couple months I have been busy checking off projects on a long list of things that need to be done around the houses, many of them waiting years while I focused on the new gardens in SJC.

Most of the projects were rather mundane and have no significant outcome as far as a visual difference, with the exceptions being painting most of the inside of the house a different color entirely, and redoing the swimming pool.

Although it may not look so bad in the top "before" photo, the plaster was really old and the grout and tile were in desperate need of refurbishing.

Although it was messy, the job was executed expertly and timely by the amazing team from Alan Smith Pools. We are very happy with the results. Now if only it would warm up enough for us to try it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a big job -- but the results are beautiful. Hopefully, the weather will lend you a hand so you can take the new pool for a spin -- I mean, a swim. :)

Hoover Boo said...

They did a nice job. You must be happy with it. I'm doing those kinds of facilities maintenance jobs around our house, too. It does cut into gardening time, but we gardeners do need a place to go at night when it is dark. :)