Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Temptation

It does take a lot of discipline to keep a garden theme on track. The first garden bed in my Laguna garden that went in many years ago was a blue and white garden (with green of course) and I loved it just like I love the color combination in my home. I was pretty adamant about keeping it true to theme for many years, until the rest of the garden just got so demanding that adjusting the ph in the soil to keep the hydrangeas blue finally went by the wayside and it became the blue and white and pinkish purple garden. As self seeders crept in it has definitely lost the blue and white predominance. As far as the Moonlight Garden in SJC goes, with all the white flowers only, I have been much more disciplined, although color creep (as I call it) does take place when white versions of plants revert to their parent color and the weather turns white blooms to shades of pink, or self seeders relocate from nearby garden beds of color I am diligent about yanking out the color culprits. But this week I was contemplating the holiday decorations and thought about how jolly it would be to add some red to this white display. Hmmm....

1 comment:

Magic Moments said...

Beautiful Blog...I like your photos.Wishing you a nice weekend