Sunday, August 10, 2008

Crowding

I write a monthly column on shrubs and perennials and one of the things I always tell the reader is to adhere to the spacing requirements on the labels of new plants that they are positioning in the garden. I warn them not to be impatient and plant too close together because it will only result in more work in the long run. Plants will have to be moved or pruned more often and are more prone to diseases when they are crammed together and there is not enough air circulation. Then of course I go and do the exact opposite in my own garden as seen in the photo of the pelargonium, sweet potato vine and stachys all crowded together. So as I say, not as I do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done that too, impatience makes for a silly gardener. :) That is a great color combination.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

LOL They all look great together too!!!

flmom said...

I have passed along an award to you on my blog.