Monday, May 3, 2010

Shades of Gold

Hibiscus

Everyone has their own individual preferences when it comes to color. Mine tends to be more on the cooler color side like blues, greens and purples. But there is a shade somewhere between yellow and orange that I love to see in my garden. I guess it would be called a shade of gold.

'Stella de Oro' Daylily

I think it is easier to use in the garden than some of the other hues of yellow or orange that can be a bit too dominating.

'Valencia' Orange

A touch here and there is all I want to see, like a beam of sunshine.

'Graham Thomas' Rose

It has a way of warming up the cool colors I love just a bit. Adding a nice contrast or maybe a dash of spice.

'Savanna Sunset' Iris

If you look closely you will see that it is the color of many of the stamens, anthers and pollen on flowers of all colors, making it an easy color echo without being too obvious.

Camellia

Think of it like a piece of gold jewelry that you might add to bring a bit of shimmer to an outfit. Maybe you should consider adding a little gold to your garden!

8 comments:

Lona said...

What beautiful shades of Gold Shelia! Love your Graham Thomas rose.

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

They are all lovely, but I really like the hibiscus.

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful shades of gold. I love that rose. Awesome. The hibuscus is breathtaking.

Curbstone Valley Farm said...

Such beautiful golden hues, I especially love the Stella de Oro daylilies.

Pam's English Garden said...

Stella de Oro was not a favorite of mine, but now I look at it in a new, more favorable light! I love your shades of gold.

lostlandscape (James) said...

I enjoyed your photos of these gorgeous in-between colors. They're warm, but not painfully scorching, definitely colors I could live with.

Anonymous said...

They are all lovely, but it's probably no surprise that I've fallen for the rose. I just love Graham Thomas (the rose that is, not the man!)

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

i agree, this is a nice accent color and your roses, irises, lemons are all beautiful