Thursday, May 10, 2012

No Pressure

This is the first time in a couple years that I have not entertained garden tours of my SJC garden. For the past few years I have had at least one, sometimes up to four garden tours here. I really don't mind hosting them. Like throwing a party, it forces you to get busy and take care of all those plans that are easy to put off for another time. A deadline is a powerful tool for getting your act together. I also find gardeners are the most generous and understanding guests and are happy to pass out compliments. I was a docent at a garden last week on the Laguna Beach Garden Tour. It is truly an amazing tour if you have never been on it. I like it because it is a number of gardens (eight this year) within walking distance of each other in such a lovely setting. I am kind of over driving and parking on those garden tours that are spread out all over the city or county. It was a nice way to spend an afternoon, meeting visitors and talking about another garden for a change. I certainly can relate to the amount of work that goes into opening your garden to 500 visitors and I appreciate those generous people that are willing to do it, and act as an inspiration for the rest of us. Meanwhile back at my house it is just me and mine that are enjoying the garden this year, with no pressure.

No comments: