Saturday, June 21, 2008

A New View

Behind this bench the planter was filled with large, white azalea bushes when we moved into this house. They were lovely when in bloom, but they were not self-cleaning (they didn't drop the spent flowers) and so there were weeks of brown blooms that were a pain to deadhead. I recently had my son help me relocate all the azaleas to the new areas in the front moonlight garden where they would be more in the background and much to my delight, this opened up the view to the beds behind the planter. I plan on filling in the newly empty bed with ferns and shade plants that will be lower than the azaleas were to keep the open feeling.

3 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Self cleaning plant, what an awsome idea. Where can i get some? The moonlight garden does sound beautiful. Show us more.

Cathy said...

I love the idea of a moonlight garden. I can't wait to see the fern your plant.

Jane O' said...

The ferns are a perfect idea. They will add some softness and gracefulness to the backdrop.