Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pomegranate Bush


We inherited a huge pomegranate "bush" in Laguna down near the bottom of the yard. For years it just grew and produced fruit with no additional water or support of any kind by us. Since the garden eventually made its way down to incorporate the pomegranate bush it produces even more lovely, wonderful tasting pomegranates. I have tried to prune it up into a tree because I think it would be lovely to sit under, it insists on being a bush! As you can see, there are already charming little pomegranates on it that will be ripe in the fall.

3 comments:

chey said...

Lucky you! That is an impressive bush!!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I picked you for an award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up(-:

Laurel said...

Hi Sheila, Your bush is exactly the photo reference I needed for a painting. Thanks. Missing Laguna but happy in Israel,
Laurel