Friday, April 25, 2008

Meet Beverly

I have a neighbor who has a very charming and drought tolerant garden that I love. There are lavender and rosemary bushes and olive and pomegranate trees throughout the front yard. But my favorite element in the garden are her dark purple iris that bloom from spring to fall, I swear!

She told me they are called Frequent Violet and she got them at a local nursery. I have looked everywhere for them and they were nowhere to be found. After searching for about nine months I happened upon some at a garden show this week. I bought five one-gallon containers of them, much to my delight.

I also was smitten with this lovely peachy pink iris called Beverly Sills and it came home with me too!

1 comment:

GardenGoddess said...

Hi Sheila; This came up in the "Linked within" for today's post. I LOVE my Beverly Sills iris! Even here in Minnesota, she gets about 3 feet tall and has a delicious aroma. She's a nice companion to the purples.