Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Green Mums

I have to admit I have never gone out and bought chrysanthemums to plant in my garden. Never-the-less there are now probably a half-a-dozen or so shrubs blooming profusely throughout the gardens. The reason for this is that I pick up little four-inch pots of them (okay, sometimes six-inch pots) and fill in containers that change with the seasons around the front door. When they loose their flowers or Christmas poinsettias nudge them out they end up tossed into the gardens where there is a hole somewhere, forgotten about until they start peeking out at around this time of year.

I was especially happy to see this chartreuse one starting to bloom in the front garden where the plants are mainly purple, burgundy and fittingly enough, chartreuse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, better than just tossing them Sheila! I love that shade of green.