Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pups

In the farthest corner of the street side garden in SJC is the blue agave bed. There we planted a number of 'pups' from a large agave that I removed from the garden in Laguna because I was worried about the very sharp points with the children running through the garden. They will eventually be huge with leaves up to four or five feet long.
As you can see from the top picture the pups are now sending out pups of their own! Kind of sweet! Although it looks a little bare now, in another year or so they will have filled in nicely and will make quite a sculptural statement. It is in a part of the yard that I don't see without going to specifically look at it, so it doesn't really bother me. Oddly enough just to the left of this bed is the neighbors garden with boxwood hedges and roses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I kind of like agaves juxtaposed with clipped boxwood spheres and colorful hardy roses. Sounds great.