Friday, January 9, 2009

Out With the Old, In With the New

I love helleborus. I love their charming little flowers because they add interest to the garden in the winter, they are a good flowering plant for the shade, are extremely long lasting in a vase and they are just sweet looking. Before they bloom in winter the new leaves come up and replace most of the older foliage as seen in the photo. Hopefully there will soon be flowers (these were just planted last fall). These particular ones will be white I am assuming because I planted them in the Moonlight Garden. When they bloom I will cut a spray and bring them into the house to keep me happy till spring!

3 comments:

tina said...

You are so right! It is also time here in Tennessee to trim the foliage-so I better get out there before the rain comes.

Unknown said...

Not sure I am familiar with this plant, sounds like a great one though. Hope you post when it blooms.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have something that will bloom before spring! I hope you'll share a photo of your Moonlight Garden this summer.