Sunday, June 26, 2011

Colors From The Perennial Garden

Blues and Purples

When I went out to take some photos yesterday, what struck me was not individual flowers as much as the entire summer palette in the Perennial Garden in SJC.

Greens

Most of the roses have been cut back and stripped after their big show for the spring. The excess rain and overcast days have done a number on their foliage, but they will bounce back in a few weeks.

Yellows and Oranges

There are still a few iris blooming adding accents to various beds. Of course this time of year the agapanthus are bursting like small fireworks displays.

Reds and Corals

There are some lilies in bloom to draw the eye, but it is mostly the mass flowering perennials like gaura, hardy geraniums, mums and lavender.

Pinks and Peaches

Many of the native plants are in full bloom this month and with a little water will maintain those flowers throughout the summer. Plants like California fuchsia, penstemon, salvias, and yarrow are the foundation for the summer show of flowers.

4 comments:

Shirley @ The Gardening LIfe said...

So wonderfully colourful with more to come! I like the second photo. It seems like a nice spot to sit back and take it all in.

debsgarden said...

Your garden looks very lovely, with an exotic flare. I love all the colors.

Hoover Boo said...

Lovely!

Tootsie said...

You have a very beautiful garden here and I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to link in with some photos...either current or past (during the dormant seasons) to Flaunt Your Flowers on Friday with me. Many absolutely gorgeous gardens participate in this party, and yours would be a welcome visit for them all to make!
I have enjoyed my visit here today...happy gardening!
I am adding you to my blog list too!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

www.tootsietime.com