Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Take a Whiff

It is a fact that smells can alter our mood and behavior and the sense of smell is more connected to emotions than any of the other senses. You don't have to tell me twice because whenever I catch a whiff of jasmine I am immediately awestruck with a happy feeling and memories of being a little girl in my grandmother's garden. No wonder so many perfumes use jasmine as a main ingredient. I just wish you could smell this wall of star jasmine (rhynchospermum jasminoides). An amazing garden to me is one that has many wonderful scents like this that create an emotional response for the visitor, while enjoying the beauty.

3 comments:

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

I was expecting you to talk about the rose. I think I would find a wall of jasmine overwhelming. (Very pretty leaves though.)

Lucy

HolleyGarden said...

Oh, gorgeous! I have some growing up an arbor, but it has never done well. Yours is fabulous!

Lisa said...

Staggeringly beautiful!