Friday, September 17, 2010

En Masse

There are three ways I like my succulents; all alone as an accent, mixed in with other plants, and grouped together. That says a lot about the versatility of this family of plants.

In my front garden along the street I am developing a drought resistant, low maintenance garden and since it is a fairly large space it is perfect for planting succulents in groupings.

The repeating designs make a pronounced statement throughout this garden bed and I am fortunate that I have the space to experiment with this type of interesting structure. There are still some spots that need attention and I look forward to finding other succulents to plant "en masse" in this garden this fall.

5 comments:

danger garden said...

Beautiful! And you are also lucky to live in a climate that allows you to plant these fabulous succulents in the ground "en masse!"

Single Gal said...

The red and green together look great!

Kimberly said...

I adore succulents! Yours are beautiful! I have that same pancake kalanchoe...mine is HUGE! I love the colors.

GardenGoddess said...

Fabulous! Here in Zone 4, I have some sedum that survive outside, but need to keep the aloe and other succulents in the sunroom.

Pam's English Garden said...

Dear Sheila, Your succulents are stunning. Makes me want to go our and purchase more for my garden. Pam