Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Little Summer

Since I whined about the weather all summer, I feel I owe it to Mother Nature to praise this lovely fall weather we have been having. It was a bit hot for a day or two, but now it is just balmy! The skies have been filled with glorious cloud formations and there was event a bit of a sprinkle from a random cloud yesterday. The leaves on the native sycamores are starting to turn brown and fall off and the hydrangea flowers are drying out on the bush, but it could be a late summer for those of us that are willing to suspend belief just a little!

4 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

I think most of us have had a very hot summer. I for one am enjoying more seasonable tempss of low 80's and upper 70's first of next week. I love spring and fall. Have a nice day.

Priscilla @ Homegrown Delight said...

We got clouds, thunderstorms, and a little drizzle here in the mountains. I think our Summer wasn't warm enough. Although we're in CA the growing season is very short. How did your Tomatoes do? I want to start earlier next year!

Pam's English Garden said...

Dear Sheila, This has been a most unusual summer for weather - your record heat was amazing. In my little part of the world it was hot and we had a drought. Now it is raining at last. But whatever the weather, I never want the summer to end. Fall heralds the end of the gardening season here.

I love the way your hydrangea and fern look! Pam x

Sheila said...

Priscilla, our tomatoes were lousy this year. They didn't seem to ripen, not enough heat I'm assuming!