Friday, September 24, 2010

Lions Spitting Water

My DH and I have a running joke about "lions spitting water". When we were first married and house hunting it seemed like we had very different tastes when it came to real estate. I liked quaint, funky places and he liked stately, dignified homes. To clarify my point one frustrating day I told him that I would never live in a house with lions spitting water. What is the first thing you see when you pull in the driveway of our SJC home? Well it used to be a lion spitting water. Now it is a lion overlooking a funky basin of succulents spilling into a basin of "splashing" liriope. A fitting compromise I would say!

3 comments:

John Webb said...

Just yesterday I was reviewing some books about Feng Shui on my own blog, and I remarked on a comment that had been made about such a lion, in a Feng Shui book by Gill Hale.

She actually says that this is an 'unnatural act'. If you think about it, water doesn't normally come out of that end.

If you'd like a feature with running water, and splashing water is a very good idea, then there are a many far better designs than this silly idea.

Marlo Bartels said...

I have some funky tile for surrounding the lion's head....

Ever Green Tree said...

Lol.. @ Lion spitting water! Nice shot and what an super idea :)