Monday, April 26, 2010

Hose Hive

I have a large yard and there are many garden hoses (thank goodness) at various spots throughout the property. Bright green coils of hoses drive me crazy because the vivid color draws the eye away from the subtle shades of the landscape, especially in photographs, and they seem to stand out like sore thumbs. I added a number of cooper hose pots last year to the SJC garden, but it seems like there were still hoses everywhere. Then I found this sweet hose keeper from Wisteria and order a couple. I am so charmed with them that I can't help but smile when I walk by them. The bee wings are actually a pliable material. A nice solution to my nagging problem.

12 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

What a nice one. I hate the tangled hoses like mine.

Chicken Boys said...

I like that hose pot. Our's is usually stretched out to the chickens.
~Randy

Penelope said...

What a great find! And their website is darling, thanks for the link!

Annelie said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and I have to admit that I was pulled in tight by your location. I spent a year in Laguna Niguel and I absolutely love your area.
Now to your post - that bee hive is beautiful. I would buy it even if I didn't own a hose. Great find. Nothing's like purpose and style in one.

Annelie

Curbstone Valley Farm said...

The hose hive is just lovely! We've talked about building a decorative bee hive box, modeled on the ones you'd find in an English garden, and using that for our hose (figuring we could mount a hose reel hidden inside), but I love the hose hive you found!

Pam's English Garden said...

I love it! I want one!

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

A nice one. It really hides the predictability. ~bangchik

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

wow, beautiful...too much work for me to wrap them back up in my large garden...although these are sweet to hide unsightly hoses

Laurrie said...

This is helpful. I want to try iris (love them, love your regal, queenly pictures), but have been scared off by the dreaded iris borer and all the work involved in examining, cleaning, discarding, and treating for them. I take it you have no borers! Is it an east coast pest?

Sheila said...

Hi Laurrie, I take it this comment was for the iris in the next post, but to answer your question, no, we don't have iris borers here, they are an east coast problem. Don't know why!

Unknown said...

Where do I find the Beehive hose pot?
Wisteria said it wasn't from them.
thank you for any help.

Sheila said...

I'm sorry, I bought mine years ago from Wisteria so I wouldn't know whee to find them now. You might watch ebay for used ones?