Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Shrubs for the Gravel Garden

Progress on the gravel garden has taken a backseat to other projects in the gardens, but last week I was at a nursery where they were just unloading a shipment of white hydrangeas. Just what I have been looking for in the gravel garden. This is the lowest spot on the property and it stays quite damp due to the drainage and shade. I am hoping they will do well here without much trouble because they add a lot of subtle character to this green wall. The cool colors and shade will hopefully make this a retreat in the heat of summer!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great find! I would love to use hydrangeas around here, but don't have a nice damp spot. I think your design looks terrific.

Phillip Oliver said...

This is going to be beautiful.