Monday, April 5, 2010

The View

I try to plan garden beds near windows to give an optimum view from inside. This is the view from the entry window in SJC and in the spring it works well! This is a young wisteria standard that is finally coming into its own and looking good, at least for a few weeks in March and April. Even when it is done flowering it will look like a bright young tree against the solid background of hedge, surrounded by flowering shrubs and perennials. Of course it goes dormant in the winter, but by then there is enough going on in the house to distract from the view.

4 comments:

Cyndy said...

Snap! My post for today is views from my windows - great location for that standard!

walk2write said...

It's not just the view that's great with wisteria in bloom. I'll bet the scent coming through the window is heavenly too.

Ami said...

Wow, this is the third time I see people is showing their wisteria blooming! They are just so lovely, and now I wish I can have one :) Beautiful view with that wisteria tree in the spring!

Unknown said...

I love wisteria. Had one once, must have been happy as it was all over my yard. Nice in the Spring.