Saturday, April 10, 2010

Looking Back

This is a corner in our SJC backyard. This photo was taken when we first moved in, a little over three years ago. I thought it was too spiky for my tastes and wanted to soften it up a bit.

This is what that spot looks like today. It is a place where my DH and I sit on many evenings with a glass of wine to see the back garden from a different perspective than where we usually sit, on the patio. In a few weeks the lilies will be blooming and it will be a riot of color. Much softer, no?

4 comments:

Pam's English Garden said...

I love before-and-after photos. This is lovely!

Jim Groble said...

The after looks so peaceful. I could nap there all day. jim

Susan (aka Sunny) said...

Very nice transformation...it looks like a nice place to relax.

Sprouts, Shoots, & Sunshine said...

Agreed, soft and peaceful. It looks like you left the elements there from before and with a few additions made this garden warm and inviting.