Friday, March 6, 2009

Peachy Clivia

I have lots of orange and yellow clivias in my gardens, but this is the only peach colored one I have ever seen. I actually bought it at the supermarket about four years ago! Our supermarket has a great selection of plants! It blooms earlier in the season than the other colors which are just starting to open now. People always comment on it because it is such an unusual color and I know I have promised divisions to a number of people when I get around to dividing it someday.

7 comments:

EB said...

The light is lovely in that picture: the flowers are pretty, but I love the sheen on the leaves too.

Anonymous said...

A lovely little bloom, a perfect colour for spring and Easter. :)

Anonymous said...

It is a lovely shade indeed. I've only seed the bright orange ones myself. They are houseplants in my area. :)

Jan said...

It's an interesting looking plant...one I'm not familiar with. I noticed Racquel said she's seen it as a houseplant (she lives in VA, like me)...so I'll have to keep my eyes open. There's always something new, and just 'one more plant'....!

Mary Beth said...

what beautiful blooms - I was given one about four years ago and am still waiting for a blossom. It's in a pot, but maybe I should find it a home in the ground.

Wayne Stratz said...

Clivias are cool... I had to go inside to see them this weekend...

Philly Flower Show and Longwood Gardens

kate smudges said...

I love the colour of this Clivia ~ beautiful!