Friday, March 27, 2009

Soaring Pink Jasmine

Pink Jasmine is a familiar sight this time of year in our area. It is very fragrant and easy to grow. I have never planted it in my yard, but it climbs the fence and comes over to visit from our neighbor's yard. I was walking along this path and could smell it, but didn't see it, until I looked up. It scaled the oleander and made a leap into a palm tree for a better shot at the sunlight I suspect. It does have one drawback. It is not self-cleaning and when the flowers are spent there is a big, brown mess to remove or it will haunt you all year long.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, lovely! I just got back from a trip to FL and loved all the different things you "Southerners" can have! ~Brooke

Jan said...

It looks gorgeous, but the after-mess sounds less than ideal:-( I love your 'self-cleaning' comment!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Holey Cow I guess that is soaring! It must love it there for sure!! It is sure pretty!!!!

Unknown said...

Those are really pretty flowers. Thanks for your visit to my blog, I don't think we've met, have we? My mind is going in my "old age".

Today it's about 35 or so here, so it's "warmer" than yesterday. This is probably the kind of weather you get in the dead of winter there. I've noticed several relatively small signs of spring here. We get quite a long winter break up here in the north.

Stephanie said...

I have never seen pink Jasmine before. Thanks for sharing.