Friday, May 28, 2010

Pretty Nook

This little planter was the source of all kinds of problems last year when the bottle palm trunk broke the sprinkler line and created a slow leak. Since I had a newly emptied bed (except for the palms) I indulged in some pretty pink flowers for this year. I'm not sure how these will all do long-term in the dappled light. The pelargonium and the daisies may need to move to a sunnier spot in the fall, but for now they are making me happy right where they are, next to the stairs in the gravel garden.

4 comments:

Wicked Gardener said...

Very pretty!

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Pretty indeed, Sheila! Lovely!

Kathleen said...

Very beautiful. Sometimes good comes out of bad, right?

The Fern and Mossery said...

What a pretty little corner. I love that wall as well.