Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another Look at 'Easter Basket'

I received many comments on the 'Easter Basket' rose bloom that I posted last week and thought is was only fitting to show it in its glory. It is a floribunda rose, hybridized by Meilland and introduced in 2007. I have to admit that the first year I was not too crazy about it, but as roses often do with time, it has come into its own.
The soft pale pink blooms go especially well with the 'Beverly Sills' iris that I love, as well as nearby shrubs with soft gray foliage. I have purple lantana as a ground cover at its feet that adds to the soft color scheme. I do not spray my roses at all and this one has been disease free so far. Hmmm... maybe I'll put in a few more!

5 comments:

Lona said...

Shelia it is such a lovely rose and what a wonderful picture it makes with the beautiful iris. Gorgeous!

debsgarden said...

What a beautiful rose, and low maintenance, too! Sounds like my kind of rose! I really love the 'Beverly Sills' iris, also; the soft color is fantastic!

Linda said...

Fabulous rose. It brings a big smile to my face!

Northern Shade said...

The soft shades of the rose and iris make a lovely combination. The rose looks like it is taking the abundant part of its name seriously now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the wider photo of this lovely rose Sheila! News that it has good disease resistance makes in even more appealing to me, so I'll have to look again to see if we can get it in Aus!