Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Conceding

My peaceful Buddha sits in the very back of the serene gravel garden in a flower bed that I have replanted every year we have lived here. The white carpet roses do fine but I have a terrible time keeping any other groundcover thriving there. While adding some gravel to the back area, my son went ahead and covered the bare soil with some of the remaining gravel. I must admit it looks better than it did and there is a good chance I was not going to get around to adding more doomed plants anytime soon. The beauty of it is that I can always take up the gravel if I get ambitious in the future and want to add more plants, but for now, this will work fine for me. I concede!

7 comments:

Antique ART Garden said...

Very nice, perfect touch there.

Becca's Dirt said...

I like the gravel with the statue. Love the rose.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

It gives Budda a little space that way.

Jennifer said...

I have three Buddhas in my back garden. Each Buddha sits under a japanese maple and presides over a small bed of flowers, not unlike yours.
There is something peaceful and calm in a Buddha figure and the three are my favorite garden ornaments.
Jennifer

camissonia (Arleen) said...

What a beautiful and contemplative setting in your lovely garden.

tina said...

I like the gravel too. Kind of looks like Buddha is resting in a sea of water? At least the impression. The roses are the best there too!

LadyLuz said...

Such a lovely tranquil space you have created there.