Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spreading Around the Ambiance

This scene is on the small patio outside our family room in SJC. That is Spanish moss hanging from the candelabra, my touch of ambiance. Every morning when I open the door, some of the moss is spread out all over the table. It seems that the birds have discovered it and are thrilled about adding it to their nests. It is easy to see how it spreads so readily throughout the south where the humidity helps it thrive. Propagation of this bromeliad is incredibly easy. Just pull off a piece and hang it somewhere else. Or let the birds do it!

6 comments:

Antique ART Garden said...

I love that ! I the South here, near the coastal regions especially, Spanish draping moss abounds , great idea ! Gina

Diana Studer said...

Got my little passalong bit hanging in the potted Ficus on the verandah.

GwendolynGarden said...

Actually- Here's one of my envies: your spanish moss!

Noelle Johnson said...

I love seeing what birds use for their nests :-)

Unknown said...

I love it! Guess I should pull my Spanish Moss out too for my newly redressed front porch. That was so obvious I seemed to have forgotten. Thanks for the reminder!

Shyrlene said...

There is always a little treasure when I come to visit your gardens. This vignette is wonderful - an ecclectic invitation to sit and chat with a friend. -Shyrlene