Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Front Door Garden

There was a little lawn area to the side of the front door when we moved into the SJC house three years ago that was one of the first areas I tore up and changed around. I added the flagstone paths because it was a natural shortcut to the back and made sense. The birdbath was already there and I added a few flowers and grasses for interest.



The next year I added the white birch tree and some flowering plants as well as the John Seeman sculpture.


This year it is starting to grow into it's potential as a pretty little garden that is full of roses, iris and perennials. It is a spot that I see a number of times a day, every day as I come and go so I put a little extra effort into making it a garden that makes me smile.

9 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

I love flagstone and I like what you did with it. Beautiful garden. The tree will add interest for many years to come.

Stone Art's Blog said...

Very nice, what di you have growing between the flagstones

Sheila said...

Stone art, that is woolly thyme growing between the flagstones. I love it!

Antique ART Garden said...

Love it, looks mahhvveloousss. Kudos to you, Gina

Floridagirl said...

What an amazing transformation! So cool to see the progress over time. I love the final result!

joey said...

So love watching a garden grow. You must be delighted!

Ami said...

Such a nice transformation! It gave me some idea for little area of my garden... Thanks!

sbwrites said...

How lovely it looks! And, it gives me some good ideas of what to do with a small space in my small backyard! As always, what a smile it is to read you!

Susan

Northern Shade said...

Your flagstone path looks super with the woolly thyme growing between the stones. It adds to the lush look of the entry.