Thursday, May 20, 2010

Artful Companions

I wish I could take credit for this inspired combination planting, but all I did was put them in the ground, they eventually found each other and grew entwined in this perfect arrangement. The rose is 'French Perfume', with the purple clouds of statice (limonium) weaving through the rose blooms. The lovely gray background plant? One that I use often, licorice plant (helichrysum). This arrangement is as tall as I am, making them a lovely eye-level attraction.

12 comments:

Floridagirl said...

Wow! I am almost left speechless. That combination is garden mastery, accident or not.

Antique ART Garden said...

Beautiful ! I love pinks, purples w/ the green foliage. Perfection ! Gina

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful.

Sue Swift said...

Super. I love it when things that aren't planned just "click".

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Sometimes, I think the plants just know who to hang out with. Beautiful.

The Redneck Rosarian said...

A stunning display of beauty only nature could create.

Goneferalinidaho said...

Wow, indeed. Great color.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! They really look perfect together.

Northern Shade said...

The shade of purple in the statice looks terrific with the pink rose, while the silver gray leaves really set them off. Do you ever dry your statice for indoor bouquets?

Goneferalinidaho said...

You have to see my latest posts. I think you might enjoy them.

Sheila said...

Northern Shade, no, I don't dry the statice, I'll have to remember to do that!

Barbara @ Bees and Chicks said...

Oh, take credit for it! It's lovely and it's one of the things that literally stopped me in my tracks at the MG tour.

Beautiful work!